Monday, September 23, 2013

Fall Fun and Indian Corn


The funny thing about being what people would consider being crafty, involves a lot of hit or misses. 

In my case, I am fairly certain it's a lot of misses and an occasional hit.

Lucky for me, I was born an optimist.  That plays out well for me most days, because I have a love for laughter and boy, do I keep myself laughing!

This past week I was lucky enough to get my hands on some of the most gorgeous Indian corn you've ever seen!  My friends son grew it!  Isn't that crazy?  How could I possibly not create something amazing with it??  Well this my friends, is where it all started.... 


I loaded Pinterest, typed in Indian corn... and voila!  I should have been set, right?!  You should see some of the amazing Fall arrangements..


J'adore!  Oh aren't they beautiful!  LOVE LOVE LOVE! 

O.k.  Here's the deal.. straight from my own Dictionary of Craft. *I'm seriously going to write one some day...

**If you do not have the correct "crafty" items you need in order to craft (i.e. jewelry wire, rubber bands, etc..) You really are taking your sanity into your own hands.  Remember.. you are forewarned.


Not a problem for me (she says)...  I have hot glue! 



UGGGH... Three hours later (I could have easily saved two by getting in my car and driving over to the craft store) for the items I needed..





I cleaned up the mess. Poured myself a hot apple cider (o.k. it may have been spiked at this point with something very festive like Spiced Rum)
and proceeded to put my beautiful Indian corn in containers, throughout the house. 


How is that for optimism?!  I definitely had the last laugh.  This took exactly two minutes AND just for the record of craft diva's everywhere, I did tie a bow or two around the containers...Ha!

Happy Fall my friends..
\

1 comment: