Saturday, May 7, 2016

Rose is a Rose is a Rose is a Rose..



 I have fond childhood memories of paper roses.  Both the Texas State Fair and Six Flags over Texas had a Mexico section.  In this section, were the biggest most beautiful paper roses I have ever seen.  I wasn't much of a roller coaster fan, but you couldn't keep me away from these attractions!  Why?  BECAUSE.. I had to have a paper rose!

When I was planning my Cinco de Mayo party, they were the first thing to come to mind (after my Pinata of course).  I set about learning how to make them and couldn't believe how incredibly easy they are!  Anyone could make these and have tons of fun!

Here is the simple how to:

Start with card stock, and a template for the rose.

You can make the roses any size, but for the simple sake of using an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of card stock, I only made small, medium and large.  Here are the templates I used.

Small

Large
Medium

I find it easiest to use a heavy card stock although I did choose to use a thinner card stock when making multiples so I could cut quite a few at the same time.  The more careful you are when you cut, the cleaner your edges will be when you finish your rose.


In order to keep the template stable while you're cutting, staple the template to the card stock first and then cut the spiraled line and edge with the stapled section off last.


Roll from the outside in.  It's easiest to start your roll using a pencil.



Once you've begun, take out the pencil and restart the roll a little tighter.  Keep the roll tight as you go.  Keep on rolling until there is nothing left to roll.


Next, add a dollop of glue to the base and you're done!



I found that gluing a pearl or rhinestone to the center gives it even more charm!

Once you're done, there is no limit to what you can do with your roses!



 Have a beautiful day, my friends!  Happy crafting!!









No comments:

Post a Comment